2.4.06

Sore feets, wierd eats

This is how i'm living on a budget: If its cheap and looks apetizing, eat it. Shut up voices inside my head because i don give a shit what's in it, I give a shit about whats in me. Which is nothing.

I went to Shinjuku instead of Akihabara today, because I had some things to do that were not easily done in the small Akihabara station. The train ride i'snt bad at all. Long, but not bad, mainly because of how far out of the way I am so there aren't as many people.

Put a massive dent in my Japan Stuff fund today, though it was intended to be there from the begining, seeing as I was purposely saveing for a Japanese Playstation 2. I must have walked around 5 miles over a period of 8 hours, but keep in mind that I was standing with a heavy Playstation 2 laden backpack on my back.

On the way back to where I live I was playing Jump Superstars for my DS when I decided while we were stopped, "I should probably start paying attention now, since i'm probably only a few stops away." Turns out the stop i'd wanted to get off at was the stop at which I had thought this. Damn.

But lo! The next stop on the express was only one away from my station, as opposed to three! Oh joy! So I hop on the same damn (non-express) train going the other way
and get off at my stop.

I decided that since I hadn't gotten any luck picking up a commuter pass that I would try here. A very friendly ticket booth attendent said that i'd needed to go back to the stop I had just been at. Well shit. At least he gave me a free pass. I went to the other place, had a pidgeon-english conversation with the Commuter-Pass Counter-Slave and found out that the school had to jump through some hoops before I could. That was assuming, of course, that I didnt want to pay double for the three month pass.

I took the advantage of the massive book store at that stop to pick up a sketchpad and my Cerimonial Pencil* and paid the 140 yen to get back to where I had just come from.

After all this I was looking forward to the yakitori stand from yesterday, but it wasn't there, so I ate that thing I mention below. And thanks to several hours in Shinjuku I have an adaptor so I can use this laptop again. Joy.

Also, I have a knack for pissing off the locals playing Quest of D with me, because they come in, put countless hours and thousands of yen and get shitty card after shitty card. I come in, play for half an hour, get a rare, and leave. I win.

Either way, some gaming, finishing off Lord of War, and sleep are in order, since I can't remember what time my classes start.


What the F*** Did I Just Eat, day 1:
Tonight I feast on an unholy cross between creem cheese, pastry, and lemon! I am pretty sure this was designed as a ninja poisoning tool, but my 1337 western metabolism overcame this country's contrived plot to kill me, for today!

Oh, and I have picked up breakfast for tommorow with another sheer lack of knowledge as to what it is. Look forward to another gripping installment of What the F*** Did I Just Eat? tommorow night.

-Mindspy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home